Nov 6, 2011

How to make refreshing cucumber water

 

Today I was in the mood for something new and decided to make water with cucumber or etc. cocumber water. This technique for flavoring the water is not very popular in Bulgaria, but in western countries is used it quite often, especially in summer, especially in the spa complexes.
I searched the Internet and found a few recipes. At some
recipes cucumber stay in water for 30 minutes,while other for a whole day. Here's how I’ve made mine:
I used a cucumber - I peeled the one half and then grated it in the water in order to release more juice.
I cut half a lemon into thin slices and also put them in the water. The whole thing is placed in the refrigerator for 24 hours.  



The next day, remove the pieces of cucumber and lemon and replace them with fresh ones for decoration.


This was my first try and to admit I liked it very much. I would recommend, however, do not put a lemon peel, because it gives a slightly bitter taste. It is better to put a few fresh mint leaves, but I didn’t have at the time. I recommend this recipe to anyone because first – cucumber improves the taste of water(particularly when tap) and second is a new and unusual way to serve mineral water and you could surpriseyour family or guests. And..when the cucumber is 100% organic it became pretty vitamin drink.
 Image: www.mylot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment